Our system has evolved over the past 25 years and is now the most comprehensive externally ventilated protective glazing system made on the island of Ireland. A custom made non-ferrous powder coated thin profile framed system. This allows the protective safety glass to be supported and creates a water proof protection from corrosion and damage.
Our custom made precision environmental protective vented glazing system utilizes our revolutionary ventilation system. This allows air to circulate freely within the new compartment. these vents are custom made to be water proof with a water shield to prevent water from wind driven rain from entering into the system.
This creates a new environment where the humidity, temperatures and ventilation are controlled to create a museum quality environment. This will help to ensure the continued good structural and artistic integrity of the glass.
far superior to standard glass and bracket storm glazing, that still let rain water pour onto the stained glass and cause environmental damage.
In practice the system protects the glass, as it is no-longer the outer most architectural glazing element. The glass is now encapsulated in a new protective ventilated frame.
The Key benefits of our comprehensive environmental protective conservation system are:
- 100% water proof preventing water or condensation from laying on the glass prevents and prolongs its structural integrity. superior to standard glass and bracket storm glazing at keeping the glass dry.
- Ventilation system creates a moderate and passive atmospheric temperatures around the glass.
- System utilizes a slim profile, this does not distract from the aesthetic appearance of the building exterior windows as it is relatively tight fitting and unobtrusive to the original stained glass.
- Non-ferrous powder coated frame does not rust or need repainting.
- Systems colour is complimentary to the leaded light.
- Standard storm glazing protection from high winds and protection from vandalism with the fitting of laminated safety glass, used in anti-hurricane certified glazing systems.Laminate glass also blocks out harmful UV rays.
- System allows the glass to be removed for cleaning purposes within minutes, maintenance and replacement of broken glass is equally simple.
- Acts as efficient secondary glazing to lower heating bills.
- Insect infestation resistant.
- Stone-to-stone system protects both glass and intricate tracery and sills from rot and deterioration reducing maintenance.